Whales & Wine Tour (Hermanus July to November) – Full Day
Whales & Wine Tour (Hermanus)
Wed / Fri / Sun +/- 08h00 to +/- 18h00 July to November only
Handy tip: Sun protection, protective clothing and preventative treatment against sea sickness are advisable when going on the boat trip.
Included: Wine tasting at Bouchard Finlayson (no wine tasting for children under 18 years) or entrance to the cheetah sanctuary on Sundays.
Excluded: Lunch, tea and boat-based whale watching.
Children under 12 years are half price. Please note that some 3rd party operators do not offer discounts for children.
This tour operates during the Whale Season from July to November only. There is no guarantee that Whales will be sighted although our guides make every effort to find the best viewing point.
- * The scenic coastal Clarens Drive offers spectacular views of False Bay
- * We arrive at the quaint holiday town of Hermanus
- * Search the cliffs of Walker Bay for whales
- * There may be an opportunity to join boat-based whale watching (for own account +/-R880 and subject to availability and weather)
- * Our tour continues into the beautiful Hemel en Aarde Valley (Heaven and Earth)
- * Bouchard Finlayson Wine Estate for a wine tasting (no wine tasting for children under 18 years). The estate is closed on Sundays, but a visit to the cheetah sanctuary will be included instead, if time permits
- * Relax with a cup of tea (own account) at a farm stall where you can find natural preserves, jams with a difference, and delicious pastries
- * We return over Sir Lowry’s Mountain Pass and enjoy the views of False Bay
Book Now Below
Winelands Tour – Full Day
Departs +/- 08h00 daily to +/- 18h00
Included: 3 wine tastings (3rd tasting time permitting) + 1 with cheese and a cellar tour.
Excluded: lunch at Franschhoek is optional and not included in the price.
No wine tasting under 18 years. Children under 12 years are half price. Please note that some 3rd party operators do not offer discounts for children.
- * We head north to Paarl
- * At our first stop we experience a cellar tour followed by a cheese and wine tasting
- * We continue to Franschhoek with a photo stop at the Groot Drakenstein Prison where Nelson Mandela was released in Feb 1990
- * A short tour of the little town and a second wine tasting in Franschhoek
- * Lunch stop (optional – own account)
- * After lunch we continue to Stellenbosch where your guide will point out historic buildings and tell you interesting facts
- * Time permitting, we will include a third wine tasting before returning to your hotel
Book Now Below
Winelands Tour – Half Day
Departs from +/-13h45 to +/- 18h00 daily (afternoons only)
Duration +/- 4 hours
Included: 1 wine and cheese tasting and a cellar tour. A 2nd wine tasting is included should time permit.
No wine tasting permitted for children under 18 years. Children under 12 years are half price. Please note that some 3rd party operators do not offer discounts for children.
- * Experience a wine and cheese tasting and a cellar tour
- * Drive through the historic town of Stellenbosch while your guide points out all the famous places and tell you interesting facts
- * If time permits our guide will choose a second estate for another wine tasting before heading back to your hotel
We don’t stop for lunch on a half day tour.
Book Now Below