Journey To Freedom – Full Day
Departs Tue, Thu, Sat & Sun between 08h30 and 09h10
Returns +/- 16h30
Min 2 pax
Children under 12 years are half price. Please note that some 3rd party operators do not offer discounts for children.
- * Come and share the magic of the Rainbow Nation which IS South Africa!
- * Our day begins at the Kliptown Open Air Museum where delegates met in 1955 to adopt the Freedom Charter, now the cornerstone of the Bill of Rights and the South African Constitution
- * Our tour continues to the Regina Mundi Church where we find out about secret underground meetings of the then banned political parties
- * Our next stop is the Hector Pieterson Museum where we start to unravel the cause of the devastating riots which led to his tragic death
- * We travel past Mandela House where you have the option of visiting the small museum (own account +/- R100)
- * We’ve chosen to stop for lunch in Soweto at a local restaurant (own account)
- * We continue driving past the affluent suburb of Diepkloof en-route to the iconic Apartheid Museum. This is an interactive voyage of discovery which takes us from the dark days of ‘whites only’ privilege through to Nelson Mandela’s historic release
- * It’s a fascinating tour filled with tales of bravery and sadness, but ultimately, it’s a story with the right ending!
Book Now Below
Private Tours – Create your own itinerary! – Half DayR2,900.00
Half day (4.5 hrs) per vehicle 08h00 to 12h30 or 13h30 to 18h00
If you prefer to follow your own time schedule or routing, let us take care of you:
- * Air-conditioned 7 seater microbuses available with driver / guide.
- * Flexible itinerary.
- * No unnecessary waiting for fellow guests.
- * Wine and Brandy Tours including food or chocolate pairing and scenic drives.
- * Family tours to accommodate all ages from babies to seniors. Do the tour in your own time. Stop whenever you like for as long as you like.
- * Springbok Rugby Experience or a boat trip around the V&A Waterfront.
- * Animals, including World of Birds, the Two Oceans Aquarium, or penguins, lions and cheetahs.
- * Wild West Coast
- * Township tour with lunch at Mzoli’s
- * Museums and galleries of your choice.
- * Cape Town Beaches or shop till you drop!
NOTE: Prices for larger groups available on request
Entrance fees are for your own account.
Prepayment is required for private tours.
Book Now Below