Full Day Tours
Journey To Freedom – Full Day
Departs Tue, Thu, Sat & Sun between 08h30 and 09h10
Returns +/- 16h30
Min 2 pax
Children under 12 years are half price. Please note that some 3rd party operators do not offer discounts for children.
- * Come and share the magic of the Rainbow Nation which IS South Africa!
- * Our day begins at the Kliptown Open Air Museum where delegates met in 1955 to adopt the Freedom Charter, now the cornerstone of the Bill of Rights and the South African Constitution
- * Our tour continues to the Regina Mundi Church where we find out about secret underground meetings of the then banned political parties
- * Our next stop is the Hector Pieterson Museum where we start to unravel the cause of the devastating riots which led to his tragic death
- * We travel past Mandela House where you have the option of visiting the small museum (own account +/- R100)
- * We’ve chosen to stop for lunch in Soweto at a local restaurant (own account)
- * We continue driving past the affluent suburb of Diepkloof en-route to the iconic Apartheid Museum. This is an interactive voyage of discovery which takes us from the dark days of ‘whites only’ privilege through to Nelson Mandela’s historic release
- * It’s a fascinating tour filled with tales of bravery and sadness, but ultimately, it’s a story with the right ending!
Book Now Below