Price R2,045 (Children under 12 years are half price) Departs Tue, Thu & Sat between 08h00 and 08h30 Returns +/- 17h30 and 18h00 Min 2 pax
* The Cullinan Diamond Mine is the site of the World’s oldest and South Africa’s third richest diamond mine. Premier mine opened in 1902 and together with it founded the pretty Victorian village of Cullinan. The Cullinan Mine produced the world’s largest gem quality diamond – a massive 3106-carats uncut! This diamond was chiseled into 98 individual diamonds including the Great and Lesser Stars of Africa, the 2nd and 3rd largest polished diamonds in the World which are now set in the Crown Jewels of the United Kingdom.
* The tour starts with a 15 minute video before we are led into the high security premises of the mine where we are shown the workings and machinery of the mine.
* We then visit the enormous open cast mine, excavated from Kimberlite rock which is now four times larger than the famous “Big Hole” in Kimberley.
* Continue to Cullinan Diamonds where we view diamond cutting & polishing before we are invited to browse the loose diamonds and exquisite jewellery and perhaps make that special purchase!
* After lunch (included) at a local restaurant, we continue with our cultural journey of exploration through our capital, the Jacaranda City, so called for its breathtaking purple-lined streets when the jacaranda trees are in full bloom.
* We’re ready and set to trace South Africa’s extraordinary history via a range of imposing, intriguing museums and monuments, beginning with the legendary Voortrekker Monument, a memorial to the early settlers. We travel on to the Kruger Museum, the private residence of President Paul Kruger of the old Transvaal Republic.
* We’ve chosen to end this City Tour with the Union Buildings, not only an architectural icon, but site of the emotionally charged scene which played out at Nelson Mandela’s joyful inauguration as president in 1994. You’ll be standing precisely where South African history turned the corner.
PLEASE NOTE: All tours depart from Sandton, Rosebank and Melrose Arch hotels. Pick up from all other areas requires an additional transfer. Please ask for a quote at time of booking.
Children under 12 years are half price.
We cannot guarantee the availability and schedule of 3rd party operators.
We reserve the right to utilize the services of an alternative service provider.
Pick up and drop off for all tours is free from certain central areas.
Please check when booking tours if your pick up and drop off point is free of charge.
All tours operate with a minimum of 2 people unless otherwise stated.
For Conditions of Charter please contact Hylton Ross Touring or visit www.hyltonross.co.za.
Please note that we cannot guarantee any specific animal sightings or interaction with animals as these animals are all in their natural habitat and wild. This also applies to any tour where we advertise interaction with animals in conservation projects.
Hylton Ross Touring reserves the right to terminate tour services if children are not behaving properly or causing disturbance.
Entrance fees charged by third party service providers may be charged for children under 12 years. In order to qualify for children’s rates (when children’s rates are available), the child must be accompanied on the tour by 2 adults. Children under 8 years are only permitted on game drives on a private tour, and on certain tours at the discretion of Hylton Ross Touring and third party service providers.
Passenger liability – R200mil.
Prices valid until 31 October 2018.
Currency conversion tool provided by WP Currency Converter