Price R580 (Children under 12 years are half price) Departs daily +/- 08h00 to +/- 12h45, and +/- 13h45 to +/- 18h00 Mon to Sat This tour does not operate on Sunday afternoons! Duration +/- 3.5 hours Included: District Six Museum and entrance fee to the traditional healer (if we find him!)
Some of the venues may be closed on public holidays and Saturdays.
This tour of the Cape Town Townships offers insight and interaction with different cultures and communities. Witness everyday life in a harsh environment where you will hear some of the 11 official languages being spoken.
* See why 27 April 1994 was such an important day in South Africa (first democratic elections)
* District Six to see 3 mosques and 5 churches
* Thousands of people lived at the foot of Table Mountain! Find out where they went and why!
* Our tour continues to the Cape Flats to Langa
* See the local market, an art & crafts centre, and we’ll try to find the elusive traditional healer, but no guarantees!
* We visit a crèche (if open)
* Experience a local community church on Sundays (optional)
* We also visit Bonteheuwel, Nyanga, Crossroads, Khayelitscha and Gugulethu
* See the Gugulethu Seven Memorial and the Amy Biehl Memorial.
Included – District Six Museum (closed on Sundays).
Some of the venues may be closed on certain days, public holidays, Saturdays and Sundays. We are not always notified of closures.
Children under 12 years are half price.
We cannot guarantee the availability and schedule of 3rd party operators.
We reserve the right to utilize the services of an alternative service provider.
Pick up and drop off for all tours is free from certain central areas.
Please check when booking tours if your pick up and drop off point is free of charge.
All tours operate with a minimum of 2 people unless otherwise stated.
For Conditions of Charter please contact Hylton Ross Touring or visit www.hyltonross.co.za.
Please note that we cannot guarantee any specific animal sightings or interaction with animals as these animals are all in their natural habitat and wild. This also applies to any tour where we advertise interaction with animals in conservation projects.
Hylton Ross Touring reserves the right to terminate tour services if children are not behaving properly or causing disturbance.
Entrance fees charged by third party service providers may be charged for children under 12 years. In order to qualify for children’s rates (when children’s rates are available), the child must be accompanied on the tour by 2 adults. Children under 8 years are only permitted on game drives on a private tour, and on certain tours at the discretion of Hylton Ross Touring and third party service providers.
Passenger liability – R200mil.
Prices valid until 31 October 2017.
Currency conversion tool provided by WP Currency Converter