VEHICLE AND COACH CHARTEROur 170-strong fleet is industry-trusted, modern and well maintained
Hylton Ross Vehicle & Coach Charter
The location of our state-of- the-art offices and depots in Cape Town and in Johannesburg was carefully and strategically chosen to give us easy access to all the exit and entry highways so we can get to all areas as quickly as possible.
The properties were developed into world class facilities that would not only fulfil the day-to- day needs of a major coach company, but one that would also set a new standard in the Southern African transport industry. Great consideration was given to minimising our carbon footprint to reinforce our commitment to responsible tourism.
Our fleet of around 170 vehicles has an average age of less than 3 years and includes a variety of makes and sizes which are optimal for the service we offer. One of the biggest spray booths in Africa was installed to service the fleet cosmetically. The unit is fitted with HEPA air purifiers that include activated carbon filters to remove the widest array of airborne contaminants.
An environmentally friendly wash water re-cycling plant was also installed. Wash water for the fleet is generated from 3 sources:
- Rain water is collected from the roof and piped into three 10 000 litre storage tanks.
- Wash bay waste water is collected into a central sump before being pumped to the waste water treatment system. The returned water is directed through a “grit-pit”, then pumped through an oil/water separator (retrieved oil is stored separately for removal by an oil re-cycling company). The waste water is piped into the main bio-reactor, equipped with energy efficient aeration equipment. Purely by extended aeration, where no chemicals are added, the water is then safe for re-use in the wash operation.
- 80% of the wash bay water is recovered and the Municipal supply is only used to augment the first two sources
Hylton Ross Vehicle & Coach Charter Safety Measures
Your safety is our number one priority and we have implemented the following safety measures in all our vehicles:
- Vehicles are cleaned and sanitized daily.
- Anti-bacterial spray / foggers are used daily to circulate through the vehicles air conditioning systems.
- Face masks are compulsory for all entering the vehicles.
- Sanitation of hands and feet is required before entering the vehicles.
- Temperature checks are mandatory on entering the vehicles.
- Frequent touchpoints and surfaces will be sanitized at each stop.
- Load vehicles to Government regulations to adhere to safe social distancing.
Road Safety and Driver Training
Road safety is the main focus across all our brands and that does not mean just the maintenance of our fleet.
We believe in training and nurturing our staff and have included modern rest rooms for our guides and drivers to relax in, including a bedroom, a fully equipped gym and modern shower facilities.
This investment by the Cullinan Transport Division is a commitment to the future of South Africa and to the growing touring industry.
This modern facility will assist us in our aim to be the best in the industry.